Is an author ever 100% satisfied with his/her work?

I swear, you spend a day, a weekend, a month, writing a scene, a page, a paragraph. You re-write it several times. A friend, proofreader, or editor chops on it. You fix everything, you get it just right, and a second after you drop it in the mailbox, or hit the 'send' button, you think of something you should have done to it! I guess it is all part of the process, because I don't think a writer SHOULD be 100% satisfied. One should always be seeking perfection in their work. Geez, you'd think I hade been watching too much Tom Cruise in The Last Samurai, or something. Anyway, if any of you have a similar story you'd like to share, I like to hear it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Like Drama much?

Lauren said...

I might be 100% satisfied with one sentence out of hundreds of sentences, no, thousands of sentences : (

But it isn't all bad. I've given up on 100% satisfaction. Improvement, that's good enough for me : )

Post a Comment

Biography Highlights

Writer of the Sterling thriller series;
The Hong Kong Exchange
CYBERHUNT
ARIEL

Public Speaker on Motivation, Leadership, Goal Setting/Achieving

Former Marine Officer;
Pilot, both fixed-wing and helicopters

Former Stand-up Comic;
Host and MC of the Honolulu Comedy Club




What's Link up to?

After returning from the Southern California Writer's Conference, I am more determined than ever to become a successful full time writer. I am currently in the process of getting my website up and running as well as putting the final touches on my next novel - ARIEL.